Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Rhassoul Clay

What is Rhassoul Clay?
It is a smectic clay. Smectic means it's very absorbent. Much more than any other cosmetic clay.
It can be used as a soap, skin conditioner, shampoo or mask for the face and body. It is best known for detoxifying and cleansing the skin.

How did I come about using this product?
My best friend purchased a few items from Camdengrey.com. She was telling me How great the product was supposed to be for your hair and skin...so of coarse I wanted to try it out  :)
Here are my results....

Prep & Prepoo....

I removed my hair from mini twist, and did a quick lenght check before
getting started...this was my first time using the Rhassoul Clay






Before getting started I conditioned my hair and left
in over night, and rinsed in the morning



This is what the clay looks like before adding anything. This is its original package





I added a small amount of water at a time until the clay seemed smooth
I gradually added more water and more clay
Use your discression depending on how thick and long your hair is
This was not all of the clay...I did add more

This is what the clay looked like once applied.
After I applied it to my hair, I sectioned my hair into 4 and pinned it up,
then covered it with a plastic bag and towel.

I didn't leave it in as long as I would have liked to, it only stayed for 1hr :(
next time I'm going for 4hrs
I took a picture of the mess you can expect



I rinsed my hair with cold water


And detangled with a Denman Brush (found @ Sally's)
and my spray bottle containing water and olive oil

Results


Me being silly..sorry lol
But you can see my hair here

All in all, even though I didn't leave the clay in as long as I would have like to, I could tell a major difference in my hair!!! The texture was very soft..the sofest my hair has been. It was very different to see my hair that stoft. My curls were slightly more defined, but not a lot. I would use the product again, very soon....this time adding some things to the mixture. I didn't want to mix anything with it since it was my first time....I did want to try it out in its natural state first. Next time my goal is 4 hrs or more and to add an oill or coconut milk to the mix....one thing I forgot to mention...when mixing the clay make sure the water is warm ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment